Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reason # 1, 405, 403 to Love the St. Louis Cardinals

I have been a big St. Louis Cardinals' fan pretty much since conception. Actually, since the Cardinals won the 1982 and 2006 World Series, I technically have seen two more World Series victories in my 27 years than the Cubs have seen in the last 102. Note: Life begins at conception, and my mom was pregnant with me in 1982, so I count that one! :)

St. Louis has the best baseball team and fans in the majors! I've disagreed with manager Tony Larussa on many things--benching Ozzie Smith in favor of Royce Clayton, pulling starting pitchers out in the late innings even though they are pitching well, and hiring Mark McGuire as a hitting coach--to name a few. However, I was pleasant surprised to hear his support of the Tea Partiers assembling at Busch Stadium and his support of Arizona's immigration law. Thanks, Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment